8.17.2006

it's pickle-licious!


So here I am, at work, and lunch break is awfully far in the distance still, but I'm hungry. And as I mentioned earlier in certain pie-related posts, I'm trying to drop those few pounds that crept up on me when I wasn't paying attention (because I was too busy eating pie). So in my quest for tasty yet low-calorie snacks, I picked up a jar of Gedney Kosher Dill Baby Pickles. Now, I discovered that these are no ordinary pickles, for two reasons:

1. You pick up the jar and look at the bottom, and what do you see but about half a pound of garlic chunks. These are some intense pickles, folks. If you get the regular "dill babies" they do not have all this garlic. I'm not sure what is so kosher about garlic, especially since my co-worker (Paralegal L) has a jar of the non-kosher kind and it still has the little kosher symbol on the label, but there you have it. Watch out. I just ate nine pickles and those poor people in the BodyPump class I'm going to tonight won't know what hit them.

2. Gedney has a website. Paralegal L and I were vaguely curious about why garlic is extra-kosher, so we both checked it out. We never found out what makes garlic so kosher, but we did find a truly excellent animated game called Pickle in the Middle. You operate a little pixelated hand and throw a ball back and forth with a little pixelated dude that looks like Carrot Top, while an exuberant pixelated pickle wearing red Converse hi-tops runs around in the middle and tries to get it. That's right, folks, you too can be playing keep-away with an animated pickle. You can find it here. Just go. You'll be glad you did.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eclectchick said...

Oh, maaaaan. Thanks alot. I can never hear/see the name Gedney and NOT have that Minnesota State Fair pickle jingle stuck in my head.

Grrr.

8/17/2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Ah yes, but if you've already got it stuck in your head, you might as well go to the Gedney site and click on "pickle jam" where you can see Mr. Pickle actually tap-dancing to that song.

8/19/2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger Tuco said...

Hmmm.... do you blog at work as well? I "try" to hold off until lunchtime, but sometimes I spend my first 45 minutes at work guiltily blogging. : )

If you get a chance, try http://tucorides.blogspot.com for a canadian cycling/commuting blog.
Take care!

8/20/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger shawnkielty said...

Nine pickles? Wow. I'm impressed. Be still my beating heart.

You might like these olives -- if you like those sort of things.
http://www.olivepit.com/order/product.asp?product=193&iCount=0

8/22/2006 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home