8.24.2006

taking the "estate sale" concept just a little too far


Weird things happen to me sometimes. Today's weird thing: through no fault of my own, I ended up on eBay looking at human skulls. Yes, you can buy human skulls on eBay. Also entire skeletons if you want to spend a bit more. If any of you are interested, the prime skull store on eBay can be found here.

The guy claims that all his skulls "came from medical school" and are presently located in California. Sounds great, but being the intrepid detective that I am, I read all his feedback and apparently the skulls are shipped with a return address that is mysteriously located in China, and are often crusted with grass and dirt. Plus his store is called "Tibetan Secrets." Medical school in California, my ass. Gotta love eBay.

Anyway, I guess it's not my business if some dude wants to dig up some cemeteries and sell the bones on eBay. Gross and wrong, but not my business. From where I sit, the real entertainment is in the guy's 76 pages of feedback. If any of you are not familiar with eBay, it goes like this: you win your auction, you pay your money, the item arrives, and you and the seller leave each other little comments like GREAT TRANSACTION SUPER DUPER EBAYER!!!!!!! A++++++++++++++++. These comments are then part of your eBay record and everyone can see whether it is safe to do business with you based on other people's experiences. And you get this stuff no matter what it is you're selling.

Some highlights:

The perfect stocking stuffer!

It's always a beautiful day when the skulls arrive!

Two heads ARE better than one!

thanks, this will make a great centerpiece on my dinning room table

this "item" is freaking great!

nice skull, scares everyone at my tattoo shop

Just what the Dr. ordered

Me like skull much. Very enjoyed happy guy.

Outstanding. One for each member of the family.

Very nice item! Keep this guy away from your family plot.

Shipping takes awhile, but hey, its a freakin' human skull!!! Its great, Thanx!


And buried (heh heh, I said "buried") deep amidst the positive comments is one really pissed-off dude:

WHAT A RIP OFF BEEN WAITING OVER A MONTH GUESS HE CANT FIND ANOTHER GRAVE TO ROB

......yeah. Too bad I didn't find this until after my birthday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. That's pretty weird.

8/24/2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Fantastically macabre.

But wait, why were you perusing said bony body parts? Did I miss that part?

Signed,
Intensely curious in Minneapolis

8/25/2006 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home