4.14.2006

jelly bean update


Well, folks, this experiment has been quite the disappointment so far. Either people are keeping their reactions to themselves or they just aren't noticing. Although the boss man hasn't yet taken any, so there is still hope. But the receptionist ate some and said "These are good! Where do you get them?"

So we thought maybe they were defective. Not having purchased the Every Flavor Beans before, I was taking it entirely on faith that the beans are in fact flavored like bacon and vomit rather than just being regular flavors with funny labels. So one of the other paralegals and I decided to taste-test them. She ate a bacon bean and reported that it did indeed taste like bacon. So I ate a black pepper one and it tasted like pepper. Then I ate a soap one and it tasted like soap.

The secretary showed up at this point and figured out what we were doing. "Who's going to taste the vomit flavor?" she asked.

Paralegal N and I looked at each other. "Not me," I said.

"Oh, fine," she said, although I hadn't actually twisted her arm at ALL. Personally I think she secretly really wanted to taste it. So she ate it, and said that it tasted like.... spaghetti!

Whatever. In any case we stopped taste-testing them at that point, because nobody wanted to taste rotten egg or earwax, but it seems that people are taking their jelly beans downstairs and quietly spitting them out without coming back up to inquire as to why we have spaghetti-flavored jelly beans in our candy dish. Perhaps they are sitting at their desks, gazing bemusedly at their jelly beans and wondering if they're finally losing it after all these years. I hope no one ends up in the psych ward over this.

But the black pepper ones were actually kind of good. I might go get another one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim Jackson said...

Pick out all the Beer ones and send them to me... I'll give you an address.

4/14/2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Well, gee. How anticlimatic. I hope you keep the beans out a little longer . . . I'd love to see the revenge part pan out.

4/14/2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Yeah, I know. They're staying out until they're gone, though. And they are disappearing. The best thing that's happened so far is that when the receptionist came up to steal her fourth or fifth helping of them, she said "Boy, there sure are some weird flavors here. I can't figure out what some of them are. Have you figured them out?"

Paralegal N said: "Uh, I haven't really been eating them, I guess."

Receptionist went back downstairs. I said "And yet she keeps coming back."

N: "Yup."

And then we all cracked up. Hopefully Receptionist did not hear us laughing. I wonder if she will ever figure out what the flavors are.

Tim, there aren't any beer ones, but a chocolate shop around here does have Porter flavored truffles. Those are pretty good.

4/14/2006 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know...they could have figured out your little game and actually tricked you into eating them.

...just a thought

4/14/2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger shawnkielty said...

Maybe they are reading your blog?

4/16/2006 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home