4.11.2006

*giggle* *snort*

Our office has three levels, with all the conference rooms and bathrooms and stuff in the basement, most of the offices on the main level, and a secretary and three paralegals (including me) on the top floor. On the top floor we usually have a candy dish, and the downstairs people are constantly coming up here and stealing our candy no matter how many times we warn them. Apparently they think we are joking when we tell them to get their grubby paws out of our candy. Well, no more. We have taken matters into our own hands and stocked the candy dish with Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. We also bought some regular ones for camouflage, but underneath the lemon-lime and cherry and coconut, there are bacon and earwax jelly beans lying in wait. Stay tuned, folks. My very own boss is one of the worst candy-stealing offenders. Heh, heh, heh.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, bacon. That's a treat, not an evil joke....

4/11/2006 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diesel ... I just read an article about diesel-flavored stew. (Long story.) Vomit might catch the boss's attention. But centipede sounds really intriguing! Keep us posted --

4/11/2006 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, avocado or horseradish jellybeans might work. Save me some of those. Centipede does sound interesting, though I don't know what real ones taste like, so I'd probably believe it even if they really taste like carabid beetles. Having both pierogi and potato seems a mite redundant. As for those "rotten egg" beans, umm... hydrogen sulfide is toxic... But sugar flavor? Now that's just being lazy.

If the boss man takes a shine to toe nail flavoring, you could take a page from the Family Brothers Pizza handbook and mix the beans with several things that look like beans. Maybe Scott laughed.

4/11/2006 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horseradish jellybeans sound like a good substitute for Sudafed -- Annie, take note!

My "verification" word is huykgh -- seems appropriate, somehow!

4/11/2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Well, unfortunately there are no centipede flavored ones in our bowl. We have ten flavors: booger, vomit, soap, grass, dirt, bacon, earthworm, rotten egg, earwax, and black pepper.

Andy, I will save you some bacon flavored jelly beans if you really want them.

4/12/2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Eclectchick said...

Oh awesome!! Flippin' RICH!! I hope you post an update on what transpires, cuz I wanna know!

4/12/2006 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you four have your next jobs all lined up...

4/12/2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Well, anonymous, given that my boss is the one who brings the whoopie cushion to meetings, I think I am safe. I wouldn't last a week in a place where you could be fired over some jelly beans.

4/13/2006 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a rule, if it is open and on the desk, it is fair game.

Randy

4/13/2006 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home