1.24.2006

tuesday dogblogging


Another big event passed about a week ago, and silly me, I almost forgot to mention it! Dylan, the ravenous beast you see above, turned two. All together now: Awwwwww.

Of course I baked him a cake. Last year he got a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, but this year I forgot until the last minute so he had to have a yellow cake with chocolate frosting, because that was the only cake mix I happened to have on hand. But he got his piece before I frosted the rest of it, because of that whole dogs and chocolate thing (which I'm a little suspicious of, just for the record, since every dog I know has stolen an entire pan of brownies from the counter at some point in his life, and none of them have even gotten very sick).

Two is supposed to be this big milestone for dogs, sort of like eighteen is for people. Once they hit the magic birthday, dogs are All Grown Up. They're supposed to stop eating shoes, start sleeping in past six, and stop shoving their nasty slimy toys in your face when you're trying to watch TV. They become calm, cool, and collected. Responsible adults, in other words.

Yesterday he tried to pee on a bag of cat litter at Petco. I'm not going to hold my breath.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tim Jackson said...

Like most men, his "teen" years will probably drive you nuts. Expect a bit more leg-humping and cold nose in the crotch. It's still fun though... he might develop some intelligence along the way... maybe.

1/24/2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dogs-and-chocolate thing is a bit overrated. It's my understanding that an average-sized dog would have to eat something on the order of a pound of chocolate to actually suffer for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate_poisoning

1/24/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger annie said...

Naw, Tim, I think the "teenage boy" behavior peaked around 6 months, when I called the vet and said "I can't take it any more! When is the soonest you can neuter him?" It worked wonders. Now if only we could do the same to real teenage boys.....

1/24/2006 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many teenage (human) boys are you raising, Annie?

1/24/2006 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! Happy birthday, Dylan! Does Dylan want a sister?? We have a stray who needs a home. (Brian won't let me keep her. There were tears. Many tears...)

Hon, I feel a little creepy, stalker-ish checking up on you via your blog, but I suppose I still know you're alive this way. ;)

1/25/2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger annie said...

Andy, that was unnecessary. Don't say scary things like that.

And Lesh, you're not stalkerish, it's how everybody knows I'm alive. But I've been meaning to email you all week.... I'll go do that now....

1/25/2006 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're the one who brought up the topic of neutering teenage boys. I just thought maybe you had some firsthand experience....

1/25/2006 1:25 PM  
Blogger annie said...

You don't have to be raising teenage boys to neuter them, Andy. I was a teenage girl once. Plenty of opportunity.

1/25/2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

I've been trying for two days to come up with something witty to say, but I've come up with nothing in all that time.

Sorry. I don't know what to say now...

1/25/2006 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home