1.06.2006

freudian friday


So around 5:15 this morning I had this dream, right before my dog decided that if I wasn't getting up to go to the gym something was clearly wrong and I needed to be barked at. Damn dog, it's not like I even take him with me. Anyway, I dreamed that Nate and I were getting married, and I woke up in my nice cozy bed only to realize that the bed was in the middle of this big stadium-like church and that everyone was staring at me expectantly. So I hopped out of bed and ran to take my place at the top of the aisle.... without any pants. Yep, starkers from the waist down. In my dream I actually contemplated going through with it, bare ass and all, but fortunately common sense prevailed and I had my brother go find me some pants. While he looked for the pants, I continued to stand bare-assed at the top of the aisle, gazing down at the altar. My brother eventually returned with some two-sizes-too-big hot-pink capri pants, which I put on, and got on with the show. Halfway down the aisle it occurred to me that we probably didn't have any rings, at least none that I knew about because I certainly had not remembered to buy one for Nate, so unless he had thought of this and bought one for himself we were pretty much screwed. Afterward, at the reception, we figured the best way to cover the disaster was to go around telling everyone that it had just been a dry run, that the real wedding wasn't for another couple months yet.

Ready, set, analyze.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

Hey lady! Remember those of us who work at major corporations! Naked chicks on web pages get people fired!

1/06/2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Sascha said...

And wow, I never realized that people outside of textbooks have dreams like that. That's pretty hilarious. I dreamed a few weeks ago that I had to use the toilet in front of people. So I'm feeling your pain over here ;)

1/06/2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger annie said...

oh, oops. Well, she isn't naked, exactly. But doing the google search for "naked wedding" so I could illustrate the post was pretty funny.

1/06/2006 4:05 PM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

Annie,

Thank you for the wonderful post today. I'm speechless. I feel so much closer to you now.

I can't even begin to tell you what is going on in that dream. All my psych classes are rushing through my brain and screaming "Pick Me, Pick Me!"

1/06/2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger annie said...

I thought you'd like that one. At the very least I figured I could provide you with a picture of boobies to go with the recent discussions at Gilby's.

1/06/2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Frostbike said...

All I know is that you have *got* to invite me to your wedding.

1/06/2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

True. Yes, when is the wedding? I'm sure I can get my tux cleaned in time.

1/06/2006 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home