12.28.2005

dang, i got nothin'

Yeah, so, merry belated Christmas. Or whatever. The blogosphere in general has been relatively quiet this week because people are busy stuffing themselves with cookies and playing with their new toys and don't really have much to say, other than the occasional gloating about how much better their new toys are than everybody else's, but I guess Andy doesn't appreciate the lack of entertainment over here. So here is some entertainment for Andy.

Christmas was okay. I didn't get any new bike toys to talk about, but I did go swimming two more times and I still haven't drowned. For those who read me only for athletic-type news (if there are any of those left), there ya go. (The half marathon "training" is a joke -- I went on one 8-miler with Sascha and that was lovely, but that was also several weeks ago. I may try again this weekend. One of the mugs from two years ago is pretty badly chipped now, so I guess I have to go earn a new one.) I also found one more reason I'm glad I'm not pregnant, not that I'm counting: one of Nate's sisters is due in about six weeks, and the entire time she was over she refused to sit down because she was afraid she might accidentally pee! Seriously, who wants babies? Are they really great enough to be worth all the misery?

On the subject of stuffing myself with Christmas cookies, here is an overshare for you: I'm almost back up to a B cup! Wheee! Unfortunately, I finally made peace with the miniboobs in June and threw away all the old B bras. Even more unfortunate is that the B-cup is part of a package deal including size 8 pants. Which I have not hauled out of the back of the closet YET, but I'm thinking about it. Maybe I should try this South Beach thing. It seems to have worked for Bill Clinton.

................nah.

Oh yeah, and I've decided to try and resurrect my old yellow bike for winter riding. If it's going to keep being 35 degrees I have no excuse. But I could use some tire recommendations....... (and presto, the blog becomes interactive!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Tim Jackson said...

My toys are cooler than yours.

Babies are great. Granted, I didn't have to worry about peeing on furniture.

Pregancy might get you some C cups though... might be worth it if bigger cups are the goal. However, boobs are way over rated. Sorry guys, it's true. Don't get me wrong, I like'em a lot, but they aren't the make-or-break item.

What about the Pepsi bike? I still want to see blood and gore.

12/28/2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Let's see....

18 years of food, clothes, doctor bills, plus four years' college tuition = one meeellion dollars!

implants = five G's, give or take

.......let me think.

Besides, I think they shrink again when you're done with the breastfeeding, don't they? Jeez. Tim, you're a great guy, but that's one of the worst plans I've ever heard.

I don't actually mind the miniboobs, for the record. I was just looking for a way to rationalize away the off-season blubber. (That reminds me, I'm hungry...)

12/28/2005 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhh... Yeah! Pepsi Bike! Come on...

(If you need help, I have a fairly well equipped shop in my basement. I can true wheels now!)

12/28/2005 5:36 PM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with miniboobs. I'm a man. I should know.

I admit, it's an expensive plan for boob enhancement, but it works. No, they don't completely shrink away anyway. Besides, you don't wanna end up looking like Pamela Anderson/ Lee/ Whatever-the-hell-she's-called, do ya?

I've been hungry all day too.

Kenda Klondike studded tires kick ass, from what I am told. We don't get snow/ice out here, so I don't know from firsthand experience.

Go see Andy and build the Pepsi bike. Andy, get pictures.

12/28/2005 6:22 PM  
Blogger Gilby said...

I got magic winter boobs, too. I had just purchased a bunch of new C-cup bras last winter, and I am glad I was too reluctant to throw them away after spring bike miles shrank them away.

12/29/2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger Christopher Smith said...

the entire time she was over she refused to sit down because she was afraid she might accidentally pee!

Ah yes, the joys of pregnancy.

Now that we have the little guy my wife does not have to be so concerned with her bladder.

Of course, the baby pees on us both on a regular basis now, I'm not sure which is worse...

12/29/2005 11:30 AM  
Blogger annie said...

Stupid Pepsi bike. I knew this would get me in trouble. However, I think Andy actually lives almost in walking distance of me, so maybe. Although I suspect he has better things to do with his time. I'm pretty hopeless.

I'm amazed that nobody other than me is shocked at this peeing-on-furniture thing. God help me if I ever have babies, because holy crap am I clueless. You know what else is weird is the incredibly detailed 3D ultrasound pictures they take now. The baby is still yellow, but it actually looks like a baby, no advanced degree required to tell what the picture is of. Who knew, eh?

12/29/2005 11:45 AM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

I have moobs now that I have whaled up to 215lbs. I don't know my cup size, I'm hoping Dixie and not Super Big Gulp.

Pepsi bike, Pepsi bike, Pepsi bike! I'm not stopping until it is done either. You think the guy from Malaysia was hard to get rid of?

12/29/2005 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home