11.29.2005

polish existentialism and other news of the weird

Someone in Poland found my blog by googling "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". I have hit the big time now. Seriously, go see what Polish Google turns up for "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." It may be the most interesting thing that's happened to you all day. Or maybe that's just me. In any case, who the hell googles "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee," and what are they hoping to find?

And in even less-deep news, Jessica Simpson's dad is apparently complaining "to anyone who will listen" about how much alimony his poor beleaguered daughter is going to have to pay Nick Lachey, who of course has no assets of his own since he was famous for... what was it again? ....oh right, BEING JESSICA SIMPSON'S HUSBAND. Unless any of you know anyone who ever listened to 98ยบ. I had to google him just to find out what band he used to be in.

I know, I know. You check the blog every day (or more, if you're my parents... hi Mom), and when I finally post, this is what you get. Stay tuned, though. Here is a preview of things to come:

1. The Pepsi bike is now in my living room. Soon I will dismantle it, injure myself with an Allen wrench, lose several important parts, and ultimately bring the whole thing to Freewheel in a grocery bag, crying. Let's get some advance sympathy here, people.

2. I'm car shopping. *shudder*

3. The office Christmas party is on the 16th. I have been warned about the Christmas party since I started this job in February. Last year gag gifts were exchanged; highlights include a condom with Osama Bin Laden's face imprinted on the tip, and one of those mechanical grabber things that old ladies use to get things off of high shelves. The (female) secretaries got extremely drunk and used the mechanical grabber to chase the (male) lawyers around, pinching their asses, and continuing to pinch at the exact same level when the lawyers turned around.

4. Sascha has convinced me (I think) to train for a half marathon with her. I ran for an hour and twenty minutes on Friday. You know what? That is a long ass time to run. I'm not sure a blue mug with a picture of a snowflake on it is really worth the effort. But we'll see. It's got to be better than BODYPUMP.

And that's it for today. I hope the previews were tantalizing. If you're looking for actual excitement, head on over to the House of Smithers. He just had a baby. It is very small and wrinkly. Now THAT is excitement.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

who's Jessica Simpson?

11/29/2005 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real joy of the mug isn't getting it as a prize or running in the cold... Oh, no.. The REAL joy of the mug is the...


****** Fourth Annual ******
Drink Out of Your Mug Party


The event happens on the evening of said half marathon at a 'secrete location!'

11/29/2005 7:57 PM  
Blogger annie said...

What, is the Wedge too good to have People and Us Weekly in the checkout aisles? Even Byerley's has that stuff.

I think I've only ever had coffee in my mug from two years ago. But then, nobody told me about any "drink out of your mug" party. What were you drinking out of them? Milk?

11/30/2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger Christopher Smith said...

If you're looking for actual excitement, head on over to the House of Smithers. He just had a baby. It is very small and wrinkly. Now THAT is excitement.

We have been trying to press the wrinkles out today without much luck...

11/30/2005 8:19 PM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

When is the Pepsi bike going to be done? I think we all deserve to see it completed as quickly as possible.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just in case the Poles are still looking for you...

11/30/2005 9:53 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Smithers, I think you had better check with Mrs. Smithers before you iron the baby. I can't imagine that would go over too well. Seriously though, congrats.

and the Pepsi bike is sitting in the living room doing nothing. I haven't even worked up the nads to take off the derailleur yet. But you are right, Tim, I will start working on it just for you. ;-)

12/01/2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

Yes Smithers; use light starch and use steam to iron. (And more congratulations.)

Annie; I expect to see pictures of bloodied knuckles and stripped bolts. And then pictures of a beautifully built bike.

12/01/2005 5:28 PM  
Blogger Jill Homer said...

Isn't that the most fun thing about having a blog? Sure, it's a pain to type stream-of-conciousness rants of every image that's going through your mind. But when the Poles finally find you, you know it's all been worth it.

12/06/2005 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home