1.29.2006

the sporting life

If anybody was wondering where I was yesterday morning, it's because Nate and I got there 90 seconds too late and didn't quite have the time-trialing skillz necessary to catch the group before the World's Longest Stoplight. But we saw you guys from across the lake.

After we gave up we did our own 48 miler, then came home and ate a lot and took a long nap. Ah, winter. One thing is for sure though. When I get off the yellow bike and onto the Salsa, it's going to be like there's a rocket engine under my saddle, because the yellow bike a) weighs 26 pounds, b) has tires slightly wider than its brake clearance, so the front brake rubs endlessly, c) has tires that are not only wide (28mm) but thick-treaded, heavy, and inflated to a whopping 75psi, and d) is covered with mud, most of which is coating the chain. The latter can be blamed on no one but myself, and I will probably clean it this week (probably), but all together it makes it pretty dang hard to go 16mph. The Salsa snickers at me every time I come in from a ride. Yeah, I keep it in the living room.

And today we did our last long run before the half-marathon, splashing through puddles and accumulating snow on our eyelashes. I'm moving to Tucson, I swear.

Now it appears that I'd better go snag some food before Nate eats everything in the house. Which isn't much, so this is a very real danger. Goddamn grocery store, why does it have to suck so much?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim Jackson said...

So how's the Pepsi bike? I bet it would ride great in bad weather...

Running is bad. Very bad.

1/29/2006 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pepsi bike is awaiting the necessary government grant to make it rideable.... :P

1/30/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger annie said...

Yeah Tim, want to send me a 26" flipflop wheel? That'd be a pretty good first step.

And running is bad indeed, but you have to wait a little longer for that post.

1/30/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

I'll see if I still have a hub around...

1/30/2006 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home