9.02.2005

nerd

Damn.

I just took a test to see if I'm a nerd, geek, or dork, which seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing to do at the time. Here are my results:

Pure Nerd
73 % Nerd, 4% Geek, 39% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!


Now, "cool" and "smooth" were not options here, and when the test asked me to guess what I was I did click "nerd," so I'm okay with being labeled a nerd. What disturbs me here is the 39% dork rating. Nerd is okay, dork is not. And I'm pretty sure it's because I said I didn't go to parties much and rated my fashion sense as "below average." Possibly also because when they asked me to pick between clumsy and graceful, no middle ground, I couldn't very well justify clicking "graceful." Stupid test. 39% dork, my ass.

You all suck at internet balderdash, but you have a chance to redeem yourselves by posting your Nerd, Geek, or Dork test results as comments. I'll be waiting.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/02/2005 12:28 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Well, look who got her first blog spam. Being the all-powerful blog administrator, I have gotten rid of it, and now we will have word verification for comments. Sorry.

9/02/2005 12:33 PM  
Blogger Sascha said...

69 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 17% Dork

9/02/2005 2:06 PM  
Blogger Frostbike said...

Pure Nerd
52 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 21% Dork

9/03/2005 2:38 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Wow, so 52% is still "pure." I was wondering how low it could go. I'm impressed at how thoroughly I avoided "geek," when by the definition I am certainly a bike geek, but the test didn't allow for bike geeks, I guess. Oh well.

Somebody out there has got to be dorkier than me. Come on, who are you? Post and make me feel better!

9/03/2005 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

73 % Nerd, 8% Geek, 17% Dork

9/03/2005 9:46 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Oh, and for the record, I got curious as to what would be said about me if I were a geek or dork instead of a nerd, so I went back and took the test again, picking the most loserish answer to every one. (Yes, some of the "most loserish" answers were the same ones as when I took it for real, SHUT UP.) However, this backfired, as I then became not a geek, not a dork, but ALL THREE AT ONCE.

OUTCAST GENIUS

78 % Nerd, 91% Geek, 86% Dork

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occasion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

9/03/2005 9:57 PM  
Blogger annie said...

As I type this, Nate is reading his sister's algebra textbook for fun.

9/03/2005 9:58 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

73 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 30% Dork

9/06/2005 9:15 PM  
Blogger Tim Jackson said...

Wow, I finally took this test and now I know; Pure Nerd- 52 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 30% Dork.

I always thought I was just a dork- since Bike Geek is not a defined category in the test.

9/10/2005 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home