8.23.2005

talking bathroom lady goes down in defeat

Yesterday afternoon I changed out of my work clothes into all my spandex, put my sunglasses and helmet and gloves and cleats on, and wheeled my bike down the hall to the elevator. As I was standing there, waiting for the elevator, Talking Bathroom Lady emerged from (where else) the bathroom.

She did not say HI THERE! HOW'S IT GOING?

She did not say anything at all. She didn't even make eye contact. I wouldn't have believed it possible, but she actually averted her eyes, put her head down, and hurried down the hall to her own office without looking back.

I think she was scared!

3 Comments:

Blogger filtersweep said...

Yesterday I ran up to my office to grab my "civilian clothes" after leaving my bike in the shower room (where it rests up all day for the ride home). It was about 7:30am, and one of the PDs was running around- a guy who never is in that early. I was in full bike gear- jersey, bibs, knee warmers, arm warmers (it was cold), helmet, gloves, glasses... everything. He actually asked me if I rode my bike to work.

Most people just don't know what to say.

8/24/2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger Sascha said...

You people are crazy. It's not cold. I ran into a guy in the bike room today who had a long sleeved jacket on. I felt positively naked in my sleeveless top and bike shorts!

8/24/2005 6:20 PM  
Blogger annie said...

That's because you WERE naked. Obviously it is you who is crazy. It's in the 50s in the morning! That is clearly arm-warmer weather. I'm guessing my legs are more "insulated" than filtersweep's (damn those x chromosomes), so I haven't busted out the knee warmers yet, but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about it.

Incidentally, I did buy myself a new backpack just for commuting, and it's much better. It's silly, it's smaller than the Jansport I had in high school and college and yet it has TWO straps across the front, but that's exactly what I wanted for commuting. The thing doesn't budge under any circumstances. And it's bright yellow. So gimme a holler if you see the chick with the black & white Salsa and the bright yellow backpack!

8/24/2005 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home