5.04.2006

with friends like these...

So there I was, waiting peacefully at a stop sign while out riding by myself last night, and some asshat in a car behind me starts honking at me. I'm thinking "What the hell is your problem, asshole, I'm at a stop sign," but he keeps honking, and then when the traffic clears and I go on through the stop sign the car pulls up beside me and I hear "So what, you think you're Lance Armstrong or something?" I shoot an evil glare through the window of said car, and who do I see but.... Andy Kruse. "Aw, jeez, Andy, I thought you were some random asshole," I yell back at him, and he drives off, cackling.

This, of course, is less than 24 hours after him hollering "Work together!" at me during a race, then nearly falling over laughing when he sees me shaking my head in disgust. And here I thought non-cyclists were the problem.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my defense, it was hardly honking, more like "the worlds lightest, shortest possible tap on the horn"

I am indeed an asshole, just not of the random variety...

5/04/2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

You should pants that guy during the next group ride.

Jam that Lycra under his saddle so tightly that he'll have major ass crack showing until he pulls to the side of the road and wrestles his shorts free.

Oh yeah, tell everyone riding behind him to make loud honking sounds when they see it!

5/05/2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger Gilby said...

Good idea, Tim, except that would be unlikely to phase him. This is the same guy who was proud of his peeing-off-the-bike skillz (whilst riding across a heavily trafficked bridge & wearing bib shorts, no less)...

5/05/2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger annie said...

Aw, Andy, it's okay. I thought it was funny, and I also thought it was a funny story to post. However, I think the image of you with your shorts stuck to the bottom of your saddle with your ass crack hanging out for all to see is even funnier. Wheeee!

5/05/2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

That is just not nice. Tsk, tsk!

5/05/2006 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home